- All gear will be provided if you aren’t able to bring your own equipment (Rods, Reels, etc.)
- Fuel costs are included in the trip rate
- We will provide water and ice. If there are any other drinks you would like please have them with you upon meeting at the landing or other predetermined location.
What to bring:
- Polarized sun glasses
- 8,9, and 10 weight rods are sufficient for the Reds in the Louisiana Marsh
- 11 and 12 weight rods for Tarpon
- WF floating lines with plenty of backing
- For winter Red fishing in the Louisiana Marsh bring plenty of layers it can be cold at times
- Rain gear (both jacket and pants)
- A cap with a nice bill on it to shade your eyes from the sun
- Notify Captain of any special accommodations you may require
- Any medications you may need while on board
- Redfish Trips October-March: You will need to purchase a 3 day non-resident Louisiana fishing license for all Redfish trips. The cost is $10.00 per person and you may purchase it by phone with a credit card (Master Card or Visa.) The phone # is 1(888)-765-2602 and operators are available 24/7. You will need to ask for a (Code 79) non-resident license, the operator will have you write down a number which will you need on the boat with you. You may also visit the LA Wildlife and Fisheries site to purchase your Louisiana License. Make sure the license is valid for the dates of your trip.
- Tarpon Trips April-September: You will not be required to buy a license as you will be covered under my Florida guides license.
- I accept cash, checks, and major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
- A $100 deposit to be held at time of booking via: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Personal Check or Cash. This charge will be completely refunded if your trip is cancelled due to weather or mechanical failure. Weather cancellations are at the discretion of the Captain.
- Trips cancelled outside of 30 day’s of trip date will receive a full refund. The deposit may also be applied to changing the trip date.
- Trips canceled within 30 days of trip date but outside 10 day’s of trip date the Angler will be responsible for 50% of the trips cost.
- If cancellation occurs with in 10 day’s of scheduled trip, the customer will be charged in full
- I recommend purchasing travel insurance for your trip to help offset any unforeseen circumstances like weather issues while traveling to your destination, inside 30 and 10 day’s of trip cancelations, and any other issues while on your trip. Travel insurance will cover any costs incurred for a fraction of your trips total cost.
- Travel insurance option: Travelex Insurance Service
- Cancellations must be submitted by email in writing to the email address below or in the Contact Form
- Charter fees are to be paid with cash or check to the guide after your charter. If you wish to charge the trip to your credit card a Surcharge of (3.5%) will be added to the total
Contact Capt. Doug Henderson to book your trip:
1 (307) 690-9661
OR Email me through this form